You haul a lot of gear in your truck bed day in and day out, and that means the bed rails can face a lot of impacts and friction from all that cargo. Scratches, dings, and little dents can ruin the visual impact of your truck. Enter truck bedrail caps - these handy products act like shields for your rails and tailgate, and they even enhance your exterior style. Plus, they're pretty easy to install by yourself. Read on and learn how to do the job right.
Truck Bed Caps are quite easy to install, and the process is more or less the same no matter what kind you go for. Of course, carefully read the manual supplied with your particular caps, as yours may have some special instructions. But as a general rule, here are the typical steps to install truck bed caps:
- Using the included instructions, examine your order and make sure all the pieces you need are there.
- Perform a mock-install of the caps, putting them in place to make sure they are of the right length and design, and that they line up properly with stake pockets (if applicable).
- Thoroughly clean the area on your bed rails and/or tailgate where you will be mounting the caps, using alcohol or a degreaser.
- Remove the backing on the adhesive that lines the under side of the caps.
- Carefully lay the caps over your bed rails and apply even pressure down the length of the bed to ensure a proper seal.
There are several different styles of bed caps to choose from, like ICI Truck Bed Caps or Stampede Bed and Tailgate Caps, each with their own different features and designs. When shopping, make sure to enter the make, model, and year of your truck into our Vehicle Selector and we'll display only the caps that are custom-designed to your ride. Plus, our truck bed caps reviews let you hear from your fellow pickup drivers about their experiences with these products. Finally, if you have any other questions about our truck accessories, feel free to call our customer service team at 800-663-1570.
This page was written by Packy AutoAccessoriesGarage