Installing a Throttle Body Spacer is one way to get some extra horsepower and performance out of your engine, and it's an excellent choice when you're equipped with a cold air intake system. These little hunks of aluminum may look unassuming, but the air/fuel turbulence they introduce can boost power, torque, and fuel economy, helping you get the most out of your engine's potential. Read on and learn how to install one of these handy TBI Spacers yourself.
Throttle Body Spacer Installation
Here's what you need to install your throttle body spacer:
- Socket Wrench
- Cleaning Solution
Installation for most TBI Spacers is as follows:
- Pop the hood and disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Remove the bolts on the throttle body and detach the air intake system.
- Take off the throttle body gasket, and clean the throttle body's metal surfaces with the proper cleaning solution and rags.
- Place your new throttle body spacer between the manifold and the throttle body. Consult the instructions included with your spacer to ensure you're using the correct direction and orientation.
- Put the throttle body bolts back into place and tighten them snug with the socket wrench.
If you have any more questions about our Throttle Body Spacers or Air Intake Systems, our customer service crew is always on call at 800-663-1570. Our TBI Spacers Reviews pages also will help you get some advice from fellow performance enthusiasts. Good luck in your pursuit of more power!
This page was written by Packy AutoAccessoriesGarage